I’ve been dreading this one, if you happen to make this for your special someone, for the love of cupid, do not tell them that the recipe has “Saver” in the title! Also if you don’t have anyone this Valentine’s Day, don’t be disheartened, because this meal is much tastier than a tub of Ben & Jerry’s… So here’s a classic Valentine’s Day meal that’s easy to whip up. I’m morally obliged to put in a 50 Shades of Grey reference into this.
You’ll also need:
- A large saucepan and a smaller saucepan
- A spoon or spatula or a long knife
- A hob
- Heat olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper in a saucepan. Then finely cut up an onion and fry it in the saucepan for a while, just make sure you don’t go and burn them. Add your minced meat and fry it until it has all turned brown, remember to break it up whilst frying it. This should take about 10 minutes.
- After all the meat has browned, pour in the sauce. Now is the time to add in those pesky extra ingredients, if you want to add a carrot don’t just chuck it in raw, cut it up and boil it for 6 minutes so it’s nice and soft. Leave your minced meat and sauce to simmer for about 20 minutes on a low heat.
- You can time putting on the spaghetti with the meat simmering, just follow the instructions on the packet and you should be fine
Your end product should look something like this, only with more love and care.
And that’s it!
If you think there are any improvements to be made with the way that the Student Supper Saver Special is made or if there is anything you would like to see added to the format, then all feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Please send feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org